Sunday, July 10, 2011

A simple 3D Tank Game

So to get the ball rolling on this whole XNA game blog thingy, I shall stick a link here to a video which pretty much shows the state of the game as it currently stands.

My intention is to retrospectively blog about a lot of the process of getting to this stage, then carry on blogging as I extend the game further.

The game is loosely based on the old Stellar 7 game idea of tank battles in a simple space setting. I was inspired by a conversation I had about sitting in front of the old Apple ][ playing hours of Stellar 7, and listening to lots of Jean Michel Jarre's Oxygene album. I thought it would be a nice little project to get back into some game programing, and try out some simple AI ideas.

Anyway, here's a video showing the current state of the game:




No comments: